The Blues values are central to how we go about doing things, they’re what guides our community programme and charity partnerships.
Whatever we do, whether it’s sharing our rugby knowledge and skills, telling personal stories to inspire others to be the best they can be, or helping our charity partners to achieve their goals, the Blues aim is make a positive difference in our neighbourhood.
That’s why we’ve partnered with the charity Coastguard NZ. One of the great things about our region is having the ocean on our doorstep. But we know from experience, just how quickly good times on the water can go bad. So, we’re on board with Coastguard NZ who are dedicated to saving lives at sea.
In 2017, the Blues launched Best Foot Forward with the support of Blues and All Black legend Keven Mealamu.
Best Foot Forward is a programme to gift pre-loved boots to youngsters who might otherwise miss out on playing rugby.
Our players are actively involved in collecting secondhand boots, cleaning them up, and passing them on to those in need via clubs and schools in our region.
The Blues may also provide one off support to other organisations and events that align with our aim. Subject to availability, the Blues support may include a donation of merchandise, player time or a ‘money can’t buy’ experience. To see if your opportunity is a good fit for us, check out our criteria.
Who can apply?
• Registered Charitable Trusts
• Sports Clubs
• Community Groups
• Established groups that foster community spirit
The Blues will give priority to opportunities that;
• Are based in our region
• Occur during the Super Rugby season (January – July)
• Support groups vs individuals
• Bring the community together, and foster community spirit
• Encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices
• Enable the Blues to share our experience, knowledge and skills to help make a difference in our community
We’re unable to consider requests that;
• Seek financial support
• Involve specific individual players alone
• May draw focus away from our existing partners and/or sponsors
• Are received with less than 4 weeks’ notice of the event
How to apply
First, double check our criteria to see whether you’re eligible. Then, complete the form below.
We get pretty busy, so it’s really helpful if you;
• Give us as much info as possible to support your request
• Contact us at least 4 weeks’ before your event so we have time to review your request, and get back to you
We like to share the love around, so only one request per organisation, per season please.
What happens next?
Your request will be reviewed, and whether or not you’re successful, we’ll be in touch within 2 weeks to let you know.