When we return to Eden Park on Friday, 22 March to take on the Highlanders, we’re holding a boot drive. Together with BNZ, major partner of the Blues and Best Foot Forward, we’ll be collecting pre-loved rugby boots at the game. For each pair of rugby boots you donate, you’ll get one free kids Bronze (GA) ticket for the match, thanks to BNZ.
Almost one in three New Zealand children live in poverty and cost is the biggest barrier to children playing sport. So, in 2017 we launched Best Foot Forward to enable more kids in our region to have a go at rugby.
“We don’t want youngsters to miss out on the joys of team sport because of financial reasons,” Best Foot Forward ambassador Keven Mealamu said. “Especially when each season rugby players of all ages replace boots that are still in good condition”.
Since the program started we’ve collected, cleaned and passed on more than 500 pairs of rugby boots. Fifteen different clubs and schools in our region have been recipients of the Best Foot Forward program. The need is ongoing. The rugby season is kicking off in schools and clubs now, and we desperately need more boots to meet demand. We’re urging fans to donate their pre-loved boots at the Blues vs Highlanders match. In return, BNZ will reward fans with one free kids Bronze (GA) ticket for each pair of boots donated.
Boot donation points will be located outside Gate A, Walters Road and Gate H, Reimers Avenue. Just look for the pop ups with BNZ banners.
For adults Bronze (GA) tickets are $26 and you can buy online at Ticketmaster to avoid queuing at the gate on match day. An Eden Park levy and booking fees apply.
Things to know
- To redeem this offer donated rugby boots must be in good order
- Children’s and adult sizes will be accepted in exchange for free children’s Bronze (GA) tickets; 1 x pair of boots equals 1 x free child’s ticket
- Free tickets are valid only for entry to the Blues v Highlanders match on Friday, 22 March 2019
- Free tickets are strictly for children 13 years and under. Ticketholders may be asked for ID. If suitable proof of age cannot be provided you will be required to purchase a new ticket.
- A ticket is not required for children under 2 years who will not be occupying a seat.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The promoters reserve the right to withhold free tickets if terms and conditions of the offer are breached.